I am a digital designer with 12+ years experience and have worked from a web designer to UX Director consultant, with entrepreneurial work sprinkled in as well; my focus and interests being user experience, amazing design, delivery (SDLC), strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship, information architecture, and usability. I believe that product success is achieved with intelligent design, close attention to user behavior and their needs as well as a lean design driven strategy. Combining these into a single approach is critical to reduce costs, increase speed to market, as well as increasing adoption.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ Years
1/15– Present: Co-Owner & Investor, APTEKA ALOE (MOSCOW, RUSSIA)
– Scouted over 50 locations, measured foot traffic in 10 locations, and discovered final store location based on foot traffic criteria, demographics needs and other critical location factors.
– Analyzed business plan, created competitive strategy/ vision and company policies.
– Researched customer experiences within store for optimal product placement and better customer service and shopping experience.
– Directed interior design of store for better customer experience.
– Overseeing the development, design, content creation and launching of e-commerce store aaloe.ru.
– Able to find location, register business, design store, stock and open within 8 months, and move back to the US in an 11 month timespan.
*Reached Profitability within 1 month of opening.
12/16–05/18 : Sr Information Architect/ UX Designer PRIMERICA (Duluth, GA)
– Worked with stakeholders to improve development process and solutions
– Created wireframes, user flows, page flows to understand scope of features and products
– Conducted feature discovery workshops
– Led Design Thinking workshops
– Led product design
– Conducted 45+ user interviews
– Led design systems creation process
*Helped to create a culture of Design Thinking, Customer Focused Product Development, Began UX Research Practice, Led Design Systems.
6/16–9/16: Contract UX Designer, CAREERBUILDER.COM (ATLANTA, GA)
– Responsible for Careerbuilder.com consumer side web design experience and contributed significantly to the progression of a style guide and interaction library.
– Lead workshops for information organization of 26 different products in streamlining filtering categorization effort.
– Created high-fidelity prototypes, facilitated user research requirements documentation and oversaw development to ensure quality of design.
– Collaborated with product owners, developers, and team leads to deliver high quality and engaging designs and interactions.
*Increased Conversions by 25% on homepage “Resume Upload” with small redesign
3/15 – 11/15: Director of UX Consultant, CROMOS PHARMA & COREX LOGISTICS (MOSCOW, RUSSIA)
– Created workflows and improved processes for stakeholders and developers to decrease cycle period from requirements gathering to implementation.
– Managed team of off-shore developers (3-5) and negotiated work contracts/ work acceptance agreements between both parties.
– Project Management, Requirements gathering, Prototyping, Designing, Direction and Usability Testing of Financial Module (add on tool), CTMS (Clinical Trial Management Software), WMS (Warehouse Management Software) along with art direction of consumer facing website: corex-depot.com.
– Created social media strategies, SEO key word analysis and introduced and taught UX principles to team members.
*Reduced development time by 30%
*Increased cross departmental productivity
3/13 – 11/14: Sr Visual Designer; Innovation Team, TRAVELPORT LABS (ATLANTA, GA)
– Created and maintained visual design language for innovation team by working within marketing guidelines and stakeholder requests.
– Acted as art director to ensure quality of design and style guide adherence as well as mentoring jr. designers.
– Conducted and lead workshops, brainstorming sessions, rapid prototyping sessions, customer journey mapping, storyboarding exercises for refining stakeholder requests and discovery of core user problem/solution areas.
– Researched various topics for innovative global communication pieces through visual design.
– Translated broad requirements into actionable and measurable tasks for project management and design management.
– Prototyping, wire framing, high fidelity comps, web, mobile and app design and illustrations.
*Nominated for TAG Excalibur Award 2013: Most Creative Solutions
1/10 – 12/12: Freelance Designer, MOXIE INTERACTIVE, 22SQUARED, AUTOTRADER (ATLANTA, GA)
– Created web, application, mobile and email designs as well as development of iconography, logos, animations and advertisement campaigns conceptualizations for clients such as AT&T, Buffalo Wild Wings, Publix, Verizon Wireless, South East Toyota, Coca-Cola and more.
*Won design competition for position for AutoTrader
3/07 – 12/09: Web Designer/Animation, 22SQUARED (ATLANTA,GA)
– Created award winning animation designs, co-created highly engaging and shareable ad campaigns, character designs, illustrations, web designs, social media brand awareness messaging and imagery, presented on digital marketing techniques, SEO and SEM best practices and attended marketing events.
– Contributed to web site asset creations through use of video animation and editing as well as dreamweaver, html, css, and action script
– Delivered digital ads for Buffalo Wild Wings, Lincoln Financial Group, Publix, South East Toyota and others.
*2009: Silver Effie Award – Lincoln Financial Group
2/06 – 2/07: Web Designer, INSTAWARES.COM (KENNESAW, GA)
– Optimized website design to reduce clicks from landing page to check out confirmation for quicker product purchasing.
– Conducted competitor analysis and followed e-commerce industry trends for recommendations on site improvements.
– Responsible for ensuring quality of design standards from development, assisting in SEO keyword management, photography, presentation design, and trade show booth designs.
BATMAN: • Photoshop • Illustrator • Flash • Mac • Innovation
PROFESSIONAL: • Lean and Agile Practices • Balsamiq • WordPress • Axure
• Prototyping • PC • MS Office • Keynote • Presentations • Sketch
• Management • Story Boarding • User Research
• Customer Journey Maps • Contract Negotiations
• Info-graphic • Advertising • Ecommerce
STUDENT: • Dreamweaver • Indesign • Final Cut • After Effects
INFANTILE: • CSS • HTML • PHP • 3D
2001–2006: UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
BFA FABRIC DESIGN
1997–1999: GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY